For the past couple of weeks, we’ve had family and friends in town to visit and enjoy Arizona’s sunshine. We have gone for hikes and walks, spent time at the pool, enjoyed train rides at the park, and shared countless meals in our home. After dinner, I always crave a little something sweet and like to have something homemade on hand that we can enjoy with our company. Since there have been gaps between visitors, I created something that I could freeze, which ideally would last in between friends’ arrivals/departures. In all honesty, neither Ryan nor I could keep our hands off these treats and thus, I had to make a couple of batches.My absolute favorite dessert is anything with chocolate and almond butter. Chocolate coconut ice cream with a scoop of almond butter and dark chocolate dipped in almond butter are among my favorite combinations. Mix these combinations together, and viola! Coconut almond butter cups. We hope you enjoy these as much as we do (did)!Coconut Almond Butter Cups
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Almond butter
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
Method (see pictures below)
- Add chocolate chunks and coconut oil to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Constantly stir the mixture until it is completely melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside
- Line a mini muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners
- step one: Pour enough of the melted chocolate mixture into the pan so that it coats the bottom (about ½ tablespoon)
- step two: Use a spoon to press melted chocolate up the sides of each muffin liner
- step three: Add a small scoop of almond butter (about 1/4 teaspoon) and a sprinkle of coconut flakes on top of the chocolate base
- Place tin in the freezer for 10 minutes
- step four: Remove from freezer and top with remaining chocolate.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes
- Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy!